See a pediatric ER Doctor in minutes
- Create a parent account to register for today’s visit
- Add children as dependents
- Select patient
- Click “See Now” to be next in line to see the Pediatric ER doctor
- Or click “Schedule” to book a specific appointment time
- Have your insurance information ready to enter.
- We require a credit card on file to book an appointment. We use a secure third party to store and process all credit card information, and we do not have access to your credit card information. If you have an HSA card, this can be the card kept on file if preferred.
Just before your video visit:
- You may want to look up a 24 hour pharmacy near you to begin your treatment plan the same evening, if necessary.
- It can be helpful to take a picture of the area of concern, if applicable, prior to your appointment. At times it is easier to look at a still picture of the lesion, back of the throat, or rash on a child rather than trying to gain a glimpse through video.
- Have a flashlight ready to help your Health-e Pediatrics doctor visualize any area of concern.
- If you have a thermometer, take your child’s temperature prior to the visit.
- Try to take your child’s pulse prior to your appointment as well. Your child’s pulse can be felt either in the wrist on the thumb side, or on the side of his/her neck. Count how many beats you feel in a full minute.
Step 3: See the Doctor
- Click on the video icon to begin your pediatric urgent care video visit. For scheduled visits, this icon will appear 15 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- If you would like another person to join the video visit, we can easily send them a link via text or email once the visit starts.
To get the most out of your appointment
- Find a quiet, private place with good lighting.
- Have your questions ready, perhaps even write them down so you don’t forget to ask them. We wouldn’t want your session to end without answering all of your questions.
- Although not necessary, when possible it is helpful to have 2 adults available for younger children – one to hold the child and one to hold the video device.
Step 4: Get Peace of Mind
- You will receive personalized discharge instructions in your visit summary by the next morning. We know that when you visit us it is late and you are tired. You may not remember all of our advice, so make sure to check your visit summary in your account the next morning.
- e-Prescriptions sent to your pharmacy
- If requested, you can find your school or work note in your visit summary as well under “downloads”
- You can log back into your Health-e Pediatrics account here.
After Visit Recommendations
- It is important that children follow up with their primary care doctor after an urgent care appointment.
- If you have non-urgent general questions, please call our office at 805-946-7477.
- If your question is requiring medical advice, or your child needs an evaluation, we encourage you to follow up with your primary care doctor, or book an appointment with Health-e Pediatrics.
- Paying is easy and convenient. You can either self-pay with a credit or debit card, HSA card, or use your medical insurance.
- If you are not using insurance, your card on file will be charged shortly after your visit for $120.
- If you are using insurance, we will submit the bill to your insurance company on your behalf. After they process the claim, which can take up to 3 months, we will send you a statement for any balance you owe. Typically with in-network insurance plans, your visit charge will be similar to that of a clinic sick visit. We are happy to bill out-of-network policies. They may pay some, all, or none of the visit fee. You will then be responsible for the remaining balance up to $120 total.
- Please see our Financial Policy for more information on billing and payment.
Other Things to Note
Communication with your Primary Care Doctor
We take a team approach when taking care of all of our patients by collaborating with your primary care doctor. We would be happy to send your Health-e Pediatrics’ visit details to your doctor. Just give us the name and address of your primary care doctor, and we’ll take care of the rest. We will be happy to inform him/her about your child’s care and our recommendations.
After your visit, you will receive an email requesting your valuable feedback. We would really appreciate hearing from you, as we take every comment to heart to ensure we are providing the most compassionate, convenient, and high quality care possible to you and your family.
We understand that life happens and may cause you to miss your appointment. If such an event happens, please try to cancel as soon as you are able to before your scheduled appointment in order to allow us to help another child. You can always reschedule to another time that works better for you and your family, even later the same evening.